It's time to joyfully step in to creativity, transformation, and self-love.
GET READY TO:
- Experience a weekend of transformation and new friendships
- Create multiple art journaling projects using a ton of fun new supplies
- Bust out of the beliefs and patterns that keep you feeling like you're not enough
- Learn new art techniques
- Participate in guided imagery designed to bring peace and healing
- Discover the power YOU have to shape your life into whatever you want it to be!
Friday, May 29, 2020:
Welcome Party and Workshop 2pm-9pm
Saturday,May 30, 2020:
All-Day Workshop 10am-10pm
Sunday, May 31, 2020:
All-Day Workshop 10am-5pm
YOUR REGISTRATION INCLUDES
- Three days of guided workshop activities, including a welcome party workshop on Friday night
- Multiple creative art journal and craft projects
- All project supplies*
- In-depth art journaling exercises
- Guided meditations and group activities
*I’ll ask you to bring some basics, like scissors and adhesive, but almost everything you need will be provided. You most likely already have these basic items on hand. If not, I’ll provide affordable purchase options, or you may be able to borrow from a friend or another attendee.
Watch this interview with Angela from Phoenix, Arizona, to learn more about her first retreat experience, and why she keeps coming back to Milwaukee each year. :)
(She also shares her experience with Determined to Shine coaching in the second half of the video.)
Retreat Location and Accommodations:
- Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee: www.ambassadormilwaukee.com
- This hotel is GORGEOUS and has such a luxurious atmosphere. Built in the 1920s, the Ambassador still has many of the original marble floors and fixtures, along with updated furnishings in the art deco tradition of the era. I fell in love at first sight. Be sure to check out the video on the hotel’s main page.
- Group rate: $129/night, Single King or $149/night, Two Queens (Single King room includes pull-out Queen sofa)
- If you are interested in being paired with a roommate, I will do my best to make sure you are matched with someone. However, I cannot guarantee this.
- Please do not book your hotel room until your retreat registration is confirmed. I will then send out booking instructions.
- You are responsible for your own meals.
- The Ambassador Hotel offers multiple dining options with a wide range of dishes at affordable prices. An on-site cafe featuring Starbucks drinks is available.
- There are many restaurants within walking distance. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle with service to and from many local restaurants and attractions.
- General Mitchell International Airport (MKE): www.mitchellairport.com
- Transport from airport to hotel: goriteway.com
- Parking is available on-site at the Ambassador Hotel. Complimentary parking is included with your Determined to Shine hotel room reservation. Retreat attendees who are not staying at the Ambassador Hotel will have to pay for parking, which is $20/day.
- Retreat registration fees are nonrefundable.
- In the event that you cannot attend, you may transfer your registration to another student (if a waiting list exists for the event, Determined to Shine will help facilitate this process). We are not able to transfer your registration to another event.
- Due to the nature of projects completed at the retreat and because many supplies are shared, supply kits are not available to be shipped in the event you cannot attend.
- The Determined to Shine Spring Retreat is designed to inspire, uplift, and motivate. It is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The information is for your general knowledge. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your physical and emotional health conditions.
- By participating in the Fall Retreat, you release Determined to Shine LLC and the Ambassador Hotel from all liability relating to injuries or other issues that may occur.