Be Your Own Inspiration is a four-week online class that will teach you to develop your personal creativity as you explore the life you want to live. Each week features a specific topic of self-exploration, including video lessons and guided workbook exercises, followed by art journal and scrapbook projects that will help you discover and unleash your personal strength.
Get ready to:
- Develop the insight and skills you need to overcome obstacles in your life and achieve your goals and dreams
- Celebrate and honor your unique self through projects designed to help you recognize and unleash your personal strength
- Create several albums and art journals full of inspiration that will be cherished and referenced for years to come
- Learn a variety of new art and crafting techniques to apply to your future projects
- 20-page downloadable workbook
- Shopping discounts from our sponsors, Paper Nest Dolls and Stamplistic
Designed for convenience:
- Immediately receive all 4 weeks of content, with access that never expires
- Videos average 10 minutes or less so you can always keep moving forward
- Watch on any device
- Confidential, interactive Facebook classroom where you can share your personal stories and class projects
Just a few of the projects and techniques we'll cover:
- Create a personalized journal from a 6×6 paper pad
- Speedy coloring with Copic markers
- Creative backgrounds with paint and watercolor crayons
- Super-easy ways to use rhinestones and sequins
- Dimensional, multi-layered stamping
Current Students are Saying...
"Through the workbook, amazing video, and the art projects themselves, I have gained some newfound confidence and I see myself in a different light. I truly can find the inspiration within to accomplishment whatever my passion."
Valynn - Toronto, Canada
"This class has changed my life. The videos and assignments have given me power over my own life, my fears, and allowed me a freedom to be the me that I locked away so many years ago. I was afraid to start this class but I am so happy that I did."
Faith - Littleton, Colorado
"I've signed up for many art journaling courses but this one is just the right mix of mix of focus on self-journey and artistic expression. I've been able to participate and feel supported."
Beth - Pullman, Washington
About the instructor
I’m Allyson Bright. I started Determined to Shine following the unexpected suicide of my husband at age 32. I created this community and these classes because I want others to know how creative expression can help bring healing and empowerment. I know these projects work because I lived them – and I’ve seen firsthand the changes and breakthroughs class members are experiencing every day.
My additional work and writing explores grief following sudden loss, navigating depression and PTSD, as well as ways to use crafting, art, and sometimes just plain silliness to move forward in times of difficulty.
I’m a Certified Holistic Coach and proud member of the Global Association of Holistic Psychotherapy and Coaching.
In my early twenties, I wrote two books: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Scrapbook Projects Illustrated and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Altered Art Illustrated. Both are now out of print, but used copies can occasionally be found online or in stores.
I have a BA in English from the University of Iowa and an edX certification in The Science of Happiness from the University of California, Berkeley.