Be Your Own Inspiration is a four-week online class that will teach you to develop your personal creativity as you explore the life you want to live. Each week features a specific topic of self-exploration, including video lessons and guided workbook exercises, followed by art journal and scrapbook projects that will help you discover and unleash your personal strength.
Get ready to:
- Develop the insight and skills you need to overcome obstacles in your life and achieve your goals and dreams
- Celebrate and honor your unique self through projects designed to help you recognize and unleash your personal strength
- Create several albums and art journals full of inspiration that will be cherished and referenced for years to come
- Learn a variety of new art and crafting techniques to apply to your future projects
- 20-page downloadable workbook
- Purple Determined to Shine tote bag for every student who completes the class
- Shopping discounts from our sponsors, Paper Nest Dolls and Stamplistic
Designed for convenience:
- Immediately receive all 4 weeks of content, with access that never expires
- Videos average 10 minutes or less so you can always keep moving forward
- Watch on any device
- Confidential, interactive Facebook classroom where you can share your personal stories and class projects
- Monthly live Q& A chats with Allyson
Just a few of the projects and techniques we'll cover:
- Create a personalized journal from a 6×6 paper pad
- Speedy coloring with Copic markers
- Creative backgrounds with paint and watercolor crayons
- Super-easy ways to use rhinestones and sequins
- Dimensional, multi-layered stamping
Allyson Bright has produced marketing and fundraising writing for more than 20 universities throughout the United States and Canada, including the University of Wisconsin–Madison, Boston College, Johns Hopkins University, and the University of Pennsylvania. She has authored two books, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Scrapbook Projects Illustrated and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Altered Art Illustrated. She holds a BA in English literature from the University of Iowa and an edX certification in The Science of Happiness from the University of California, Berkeley.
Allyson started Determined to Shine in 2013 following the unexpected suicide of her husband at age 32. Allyson’s blog explores grief following sudden loss, navigating depression and PTSD, and ways to use crafting, art, and sometimes just plain silliness to move forward in times of difficulty.